Thursday, February 27, 2020

Gluten Free Waffle Batter













I had a desire to make Waffles so I invested in a Dash Mini Waffle Maker. I think they make the perfect size Waffles and I froze the leftovers (yes, there were several!) And then when I wanted them again, I popped them into the toaster and they were just as delicious as the day they were made. I used the recipe from the book that came with it, but I subbed out the Milk for Oat Milk and the Wheat Flour for Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour. You can use any Gluten Free Flour blend, but make sure it has Xanthan Gum in it or add 1 teaspoon.  I did leave in the Butter as it has very little Lactose and I especially wanted it to melt on top the hot Waffles. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for you Waffle maker - for mine, this recipe made 6 mini Waffles. They were so good that I am sharing the recipe with you!

Gluten Free Waffle Batter

1 cup Gluten Free Flour (add 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum if mix doesn't have it)
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg
1 cup Oat Milk
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter

Mix the GF Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt in a small mixing bowl. In a separate larger mixing bowl, whisk together the Egg, Oat Milk and Melted Butter. Add in the Flour mixture and stir to combine. Make the Waffles as directed by your Waffle Maker. Serve the Waffles with Butter and Maple Syrup.

Five Element Analysis

Gluten Free Flour is usually made with Rice Flour which brings in the Metal Element and Tapioca Starch and Potato Starch, which bring in the Earth Element. The Metal Element is further enhanced by the Butter and Baking Powder, whereas the Oat Milk adds more Earth and the Sugar contributes just a little bit more. The Water Element is found in the Egg. Maple Syrup is a Wood substance made more Earthy since it is sweet. This meal needs some Fire, which is easily added by drinking Coffee or Tea and some more Water, which is easily added if you serve Pork Sausage or Bacon. Only the Wood Element needs some support, so be sure to eat some greens later in the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment