Friday, November 20, 2015

Pressure Cooker Chicken Stew




















I was in a bit of a hurry tonight to make dinner, mostly because my writing was going so well that I just didn't want to take much time to make food - most unusual for me actually.  I had some Chicken Drumsticks thawed out, so I threw them into my trusty Kuhn Rikon Pressure Cooker, adding some Onion, Garlic, Tomatoes and Bay Leaves and 30 minutes later, I had delicious Chicken Stew!  The soupy sauce that was created by cooking the chicken this way was so good that I wanted to drink it.  Luckily, I also managed to boil some potatoes in that time too, so I mashed them to sop all the delicious gravy. I think it would be good with noodles too. It was a super fast meal that I just loved.  If you have a pressure cooker, it's an amazing cooking tool and you need to try this dish soon!

Pressure Cooker Chicken Stew

1 package of Chicken Drumsticks - about 1 pound
3 Large Tomatoes or 6 Roma Tomatoes, stem end removed and chopped
1 large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 large Bay Leaves (or Thyme, Rosemary, or Oregano)
1 teaspoon Salt
Sprinkling of Black Pepper

Place Chicken, Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic, Bay Leaves, Salt and Pepper into the Pressure Cooker. Toss with your hands to mix everything thoroughly. Seal the Pressure Cooker and heat on high until steam comes out. Turn down and cook for 25 minutes. Release steam and open. Serve with Potatoes or Cooked Noodles.

Five Element Analysis

Chicken belongs to the Wood Element so that element is covered. The Onion, Garlic and Bay Leaves contribute the Metal Element. The Tomatoes add the Fire Element. This method of cooking is very Watery as it keeps all the nutrients in the broth that forms and the Salt adds even more Water. So, only the Earth Element is missing, which is why this stew goes so well with Potatoes.



4 comments:

  1. I was visiting a site of my friend and saw this quick and easy chicken recipe! It is one of the best features of having a pressure cooker at home, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article made my mouth water and it is just about time for dinner! Do you think I can cook the same dish by using frozen chicken to cook it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you could use frozen chicken although I would recommend that you add an extra 5 minutes to let it thaw out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Pressure Cooker - I have a Pork Belly Recipe I will post soon too! It cooks things much faster.

    ReplyDelete