Saturday, April 11, 2020

Maple Glazed Cashews













I was talking with my friend Liz this afternoon and she told me that she had just made some Maple Glazed Cashews that were so good that I just had to try them. So I made them and they were surprisingly good!  The recipe couldn't be simpler - there are just 3 ingredients - Cashews, Maple Syrup and Salt - that's it!  And they only cook for 10 minutes - what could be easier?

I'm not usually a fan of sweetened nuts, but these Cashews are so delicious cooked like this that I will be making this over and over again. The Cashews come out only lightly sweet and the Salt is the perfect counterpoint. I was so impressed that I had to share this recipe with you. This is a wonderful snack and these Maple Glazed Cashews would also be great on Yogurt or even in a salad. I think you'll be impressed too!

Maple Glazed Cashews

1 cup Raw Cashews
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
1/8 teaspoon Salt

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the Cashews in a bowl and drizzle with the Maple Syrup and Salt. Toss to mix. Put a piece of parchment on a baking sheet and pour the glazed Cashews onto it. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Then, using a spoon, turn the Cashews over, scooping up some of the glaze to recoat the Cashews. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool before eating.

Five Element Analysis

Cashews, as a nut is part of the Water Element, but the texture and color also give it a bit of the Earth Element too. The Maple Syrup is a combination of Wood as it's made from tree sap and Earth, since it is boiled down to become very sweet. The Salt of course adds a bit more Water and I ate them with a cup of Tea, which added some Fire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment