Friday, March 17, 2017

Portobello Mushrooms with Boursin Cream Sauce


There are times when it is worth it for me to eat a dish that is made with Cheese because the dish tastes so good. Luckily, I can take my Lactaid pills, which makes it digestible for me. One of the dishes I had at my friend's house in Belgium a few months ago was sautéed Wild Mushrooms with a sauce that was made with butter and Boursin Cheese. For those of you who don't know, Boursin is a creamy cheese flavored with either Garlic and Fine Herbs or Shallots and Chives - both are delicious - I used the Garlic and Fine Herbs version when I made this dish.

I made it first with Button Mushrooms and it was great, but the other night, I made it with Portobello Mushrooms and it was even better! This is such an easy recipe and it really is good with every type of Mushroom, but I loved the meatiness of the Portobellos and I served it on toast. Oh my, it was good! So here's another one of those super easy recipes that make it look like you worked really hard. I think any kind of Mushrooms in this sauce would be great with Meat or on Toast as I served it, or as a side dish for a big holiday meal. I hope you try this dish because it is just so delicious!

Portobello Mushrooms with Boursin Cream Sauce

4 large Portobello Mushrooms or 16 oz any variety of Mushrooms, washed 
5 Tablespoons Butter
1 5.2 oz Boursin Cheese

Slice the Mushrooms about 1/4 inch thick. Melt the Butter in a large frying pan. Add the Mushrooms and cook until soft and when the Mushrooms have released their juice. Take it off the heat and add the Boursin Cheese, stirring until it is incorporated. Serve warm.

Five Element Analysis

Mushrooms are Earthy as you can tell by their color and how they are grown. The Butter and Boursin Cheese with either the Garlic and Herbs or Shallots and Chives add the Metal Element. The Water, Wood and Fire Elements are missing so be sure to serve this with other foods from those elements. If you serve it with Wheat Toast, you will have covered the Wood Element. I served it with Gluten Free Toast full of more Metal and Earth starches so I also made a big salad with vegetables and seeds from the missing elements to create a Five Element balance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment