Thursday, January 5, 2017

Avocado and Egg Toast

















I think most people know that Avocado on Toast is delicious and I love it for breakfast. Actually I love it anytime as a snack. But for breakfast, I also need some protein and I came across this new way of serving Avocado on Toast that incorporates chopped up Hardboiled Egg. Of course, I used Gluten Free Bread for my Toast. I got this recipe from my friend Deirdre and it is so delicious. It is also so simple that I hesitated to post it, but if you haven't tried it, you really should. The Avocado acts much like Mayonnaise does in an Egg Salad with a smooth and creamy consistency. The hardboiled Egg is chewy and makes this dish more substantial and satisfying. I sprinkled it with Creole Seasoning because I like a little spice.

And a quick tip - the best way to find a ripe Avocado is to pull off the stem and if it is green underneath, the Avocado is perfectly ripe. Avocado is full of good mono saturated fat and in Chinese Medicine, it is considered a food that is very nourishing to the lungs, intestines and also nourishes the blood. When something that is so good for you also tastes so wonderful you need to add this to your breakfast repertoire often!

Avocado and Egg Toast

1 small Avocado (I used a Haas Avocado)
2 Eggs
Water for Boiling
Salt and fresh ground Pepper
Seasoned Salt of your Choice - I used Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning or Paprika
4 pieces of Toast 

Place Eggs in a small pan and cover with water. Heat and just bring to a boil and then time for 8 - 10  minutes. Drain pan and fill with cold water.  Peel the Eggs and then chop them into small pieces.

Toast your bread and place on a serving plate. In a bowl, mash the Avocado and add the chopped Eggs.  Mix together with a sprinkling of Salt and Pepper. Spread on Toasts and then sprinkle with Seasoned Salt or Paprika and serve.

Five Element Analysis

Eggs belong to the Water Element and Avocados belong to the Wood Element because they are green. The Seasoned Salt brings in a bit of Metal and Fire as does the Paprika if you use that instead.  There needs to be more Fire so serve this with Coffee or Tea and make it sweet or add Almond or Coconut Milk or also have some fruit to make this a balanced Five Element breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment