Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Green Tahini Sauce and Dip
















I went to a lovely engagement party on Saturday night and I brought this dip and it was such a big hit that I thought I would share it with you.  It's very similar to the Tomato Tahini Dip that I previously posted, but the difference is that you load it up with fresh herbs that makes it a wonderful green color.  I put a little of each herb chopped up on top so people could see what was in it. I liked it best with Red Peppers and Carrots, but I also served it with celery sticks, Pita Bread and Rice Crackers.  I've been told by my friend Karine in Israel that it is fabulous on grilled fish. In that case, make it even thinner by adding more water. Several people, including me, found this dip to be addictive!

Green Tahini Sauce and Dip

1 cup Sesame Tahini
1/2 cup cold Water + up to 6 Tablespoons more
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Parsley Leaves
1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
1/2 cup cut up Chives
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt (depending on whether the Tahini is salted or not)
Optional:  Fresh Dill, Mint, Green Onion tops and/or Chervil

Put Tahini into the Cuisinart and add the 1/2 cup of water and blend. Then add in the Lemon Juice, Parsley, Cilantro and Chives along with Garlic Cloves and 1/2 teaspoon Salt.  Process until smooth. Check consistency and if necessary, add in more water, 2 Tablespoons at a time to achieve right texture. Taste and add more salt if desired.

Serve with cut up vegetables like celery, carrots and red pepper or toasted Pita Bread triangles or Pita Chips. If you want to go gluten-free, it goes really well with Rice Crackers too.

Five Element Analysis

Sesame Tahini belongs to the Water Element. The lemon juice contributes the Wood Element and the fresh herbs add some Wood and a lot of Metal. The Garlic adds even more of the Metal Element. Pita Bread brings in more Wood and Rice Crackers adds more Metal. Serving it with Red Peppers brings in the Fire Element and Carrots add the Earth Element making it a balanced snack!



No comments:

Post a Comment