Saturday, April 10, 2021

Baked Scallops










I bought a big bag of frozen Scallops from Costco that I needed to use up as my freezer was becoming very crowded. I thawed them out overnight in the refrigerator and dried them off. I then decided to try baking them instead of my usual pan searing, as I wanted them to cook all at once instead of in two batches. I topped them with a savory Gluten Free Panko topping. The Sauce I used is my usual one of Butter, Shallots, Lemon Juice and White Wine.  Not only was this a really easy way of cooking Scallops, they also turned out perfectly. I loved the crisp topping that contrasted with the softness of the Scallops - they were delicious! I encourage you to try making Scallops this way and I think you will be surprised at the result!

Baked Scallops

1 pound of Scallops, patted dry with paper towels

3 Tablespoons salted Butter

2 Tablespoons minced Shallot

2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

2 Tablespoons dry White Wine

1/3 cup Gluten Free Panko

1/3 teaspoon Garlic Powder

Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat the oven to 425 degrees

Place the Scallops (touching) in an 8 - or 9 inch square or round baking pan and season lightly with Salt and Pepper on both sides.

Put the Gluten Free Panko in a small bowl and add the Garlic Powder and a little Salt. 

In a small frying pan, melt the Butter and then remove 1 Tablespoon to pour into the Panko mixture, stirring to mix. 

Add the Shallots to the remaining Butter and cook until lightly softened. Then add in the Lemon Juice and White Wine and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Pour over and around the Scallops.

Spoon the Panko on top of the Scallops. Put the pan into the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Check to see if the topping is browned. If not, turn on the broiler and watch carefully for another 1 - 2 minutes or until the topping is nicely browned.  

Five Element Analysis

Scallops belong to the Water Element. The Lemon Juice brings in a little of the Wood Element and the Wine contributes a bit of the Fire Element. The Shallots add the Metal Element as does the Butter and since the GF Panko is made mostly of Rice Flour, that adds even more Metal. Only the Earth Element is missing, so this dish would be good served with Potatoes or another Earthy vegetable and other sides dishes containing Wood and Fire foods would ensure a balanced Five Element meal. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Olu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Olu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Olu , I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Olu did it for me, contact him on WhatsApp at +2348140654426 or email him on drolusolutionhome@gmail.com for more information





















    Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Olu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Olu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Olu , I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Olu did it for me, contact him on WhatsApp at +2348140654426 or email him on drolusolutionhome@gmail.com for more information

    ReplyDelete