Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Deirdre's Green Egg Salad



I just came back from a teaching trip to Germany and while I did cook there a little, I had trouble with internet connections so couldn't post this recipe. I was teaching my own program the first week and we decided to bring lunch every day.  My friend Deirdre, who has contributed to post before made this lovely Egg Salad that I just loved so I am sharing it with you today. We had a little Arugula, Parsley and Green Onions left over from a salad and she added it to the Egg Salad and it was just so delicious that I had to share it with you!  It's simple and makes sure that you get a nutritious lunch or snack that we served with gluten free Crackers. Hope you enjoy it too!

Deirdre’s Green Egg Salad

5 Eggs
¼ cup Mayonnaise (we used Heinz but usually I use Best Foods or Hellmans)
¼ cup chopped Arugula
2 Tablespoons chopped Parsley
2 Tablespoons chopped Green Onion tops

pinch of Salt and fresh ground Pepper

Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot. Bring to a boil and add eggs carefully. Cook for 10 minutes and then drain and fill pot with cold water. Peel eggs and chop coarsely.

Place eggs in a mixing bowl and add the Arugula, Parsley, Green Onions, Salt and Pepper.  Mix thoroughly, but gently so as not to break up the eggs too much. Refrigerate for at last 30 minutes and serve with crackers.

Five Element Analysis

Eggs belong to the Water Element so this is a very Water dish. The Mayonnaise is also made of Eggs and Oil adds even more and a bit of the Metal Element as well since it is white. The Green Onion tops and Parsely and add even more of the Metal Element. The Fire Element is represented by the Arugula. Only the Earth Element is missing so serve this with something sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment